14 April 2021

Free Pattern: Mitred Granny Square (Optical Illusion Blanket) Updated Pattern

Here is the promised update of my popular crochet pattern for the Mitred Granny Square (or Optical Illusion Square as some of my subscribers have described it). It's the latest of my older patterns to make it's move from my blog over to my new website — which leaves just three of my older patterns to make the move and then the pattern transission is complete.

I first published this pattern here on my blog in February 2013 after coming up with the design while planning a blanket for my teenage son. I wanted the blanket to have the feel of a granny square blanket but the look needed to have a more modern take on the traditional look to suit him. The square pattern I envisaged using also needed to be easy for crocheting while watching television. With a bit of fiddling about and some experimenting my Mitred Granny Square evolved. I'm really pleased with the shading or optical illusion this square gives to the completed blanket. So if you have an empty hook and some yarn looking for a project, then this could be the one for you. 
 
You'll find the updated pattern FREE to download on my website. Here is the link you need 😀 https://www.weediflowercreations.com/free-patterns
 
Wishing you lots of enjoyment making this blanket.

K x
 
 

No comments: