23 April 2021

A beginner's adventure into 'American Hand Piecing' part 1

 

I'm about to take my first steps into sewing a quilted project in the 'American Hand Piecing' technique. I love having something new to learn and to relax with.  I've dabbled with quilting before but it didn't really suit me because I couldn't relax out in the garden or in front of the television with a sewing machine.  Hand piecing will remedy that because it's hand-sewn and portable.  Looking forward to showing you how I get on.  I'll be using a pattern designed by Emma Bradford of The Swift Quilting Company


I purchased this little pack of fabrics from Hobbycraft to practice with and will make a cushion cover front with it before using more expensive fabrics or making larger projects.

.

.

#weediflowercreations #americanhandpiecing #emmabradford #handquilting #quilting #hobbycraft  #sewingstreet #swiftquiltingcompany

No comments: