29 February 2012

Free Crochet Pattern: "Snazzy Circle" Squares





"Snazzy Circle" Crochet Squares Pattern

I use US terminology so for UK work DC as Tr      and       Tr as Double Tr

Round1.    
Ch6, join to form ring.

Round 2.  
Ch3 (this forms first DC); DC11 into ring, join to first DC with SS to close round.  (12 DC's)

Round 3.  
Join new yarn into a space between DC's.  Ch3 (this forms first DC), DC1 into same space; DC2 into each space;  join to first DC with SS to close round. (12 clusters)

Round 4.
Join new yarn into a space between clusters.
Ch3 (this forms first DC), DC2 into same space; *Ch1; DC3 into next space*;  repeat ** to end join to first DC with SS to close round. (12 clusters)

Round 5.
Join new yarn into a space between clusters.
Ch4, Ch2, Tr3 into same space (this forms a corner); *Ch1, DC3, Ch1, DC3; Ch1, Tr3, Ch2, Tr3*; repeat ** to end, join to first Tr with SS to close round.

I joined the motifs together by working single crochet on the outward facing side to form a defined border.  First I joined five squares together at a time, then when I had five strips, I joined these together.  The edge around the whole piece is worked in single crochet.

2 comments:

crocheted at home said...

Very beautiful!!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Karen, I've just found your blog and I am so inspired by your
crochet ! I am just learning at the moment and so glad that I have found you as some of the information you give is invaluable.......so thank you
hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxx
http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.co.uk/