14 September 2011

New yarn!

I'm a contented lady this evening having just cast on the first row of a new jumper in this gorgeous colour called Violet.  I'm a fan of Stylecraft DK because it's a lovely yarn to work with, and at 100% acrylic it is by far one of the softest i've ever worked with and wears really well.

Usually I make crochet blankets and toys with it because it is so easy to wash and dry; keeping it's softness, colour and shape, so i've decided to give it a whirl in a jumper because i'm looking for it to be easy to wash and dry for regular wear.

While in the wool shop today I also bought some balls of yarn for another jumper in a really scrummy colour combination which i'll need to share tomorrow.  My phone battery ran out just as I was about to take the photo.

Wishing you all a relaxing evening.  I'll be knitting while watching Who Do You Think You Are?

No comments: