4 January 2011

Back to Reality

What a shock to the system this morning was on getting up, it was DARK!  Now I know that I should remember that it will be dark up until around 8am at this time of year but we've gotten used to lie ins and surfacing when the sun too has surfaced.  The getting ready for school and work ritual seemed to take a lot of concentration but we all managed to leave on time and get where we were meant to.  My day has been spent going to work this morning then home and blitzing the house because it needed it after the two weeks of being full of people and not much time spent doing any housework, the ironing pile alone is cause for alarm but for now i've settled in here to enjoy a mug of coffee and have a break.

I'm currently working on a cross stitch, have a crochet blanket on the go in a rainbow of colours, with another cross stitch chart calling me which I will resist until the other is finished. Anyone with a creating obsession will understand how hard this is really, it's hard, very hard indeed.

Over the next few days i'll be collecting photographs and bits and pieces to furnish this little space on the web so please visit and leave comments, ask questions or just say hi...

2 comments:

MelMel said...

Hello!
A dark morning would be nicely cheered up by a CK mug!
I love your cowboy one!x

My Little Kaleidoscope Light said...

Thanks Mel, it is my favourite mug, cheers me up no end.