2 February 2012

Free Crochet Pattern: Primrose Hexagon Motif

Hello everyone!  Its freezing cold here today and with deadlines met and itchy fingers to turn a spring idea into reality I pulled out my yarn box, got out my hook and got busy.  I just love it and hope you do too.  Enjoy and have fun x




Yellow yarn
Round 1. Ch5, join to form ring.

Round 2. Ch2 (forms first DC), DC11, join with SS into first space.
Join on white yarn.

Round 3. Ch2, DC2 into same space, [miss a space, DC3] into next space, repeat four times, join with SS into top of first DC of round.

Round 4. Ch2, DC into space between DC's, DC into top of next DC, DC into next space between DC's, DC into top of DC, [Ch1, DC into top of next DC, DC into space between DC's, DC into top of next DC, DC into next space between DC's, DC into top of DC], repeat four times more, Ch1, join with SS to top of first DC.

Round 5. SS along to top of second DC, Ch2, DC into top of next two DC's, [SS along to top of second DC in next group, Ch2, DC into top of next two DC's] repeat four times more, SS along to first SS of round. Tie off yarn.

Round 6. Join on green yarn to top of first petal. Ch6, DC into space between petals, Ch4, SC into top of next petal, [Ch4, DC into space between petals, Ch4, SC into top of next petal], repeat three times more, Ch4, DC into space between petals, Ch4, SS into first chain of the round.

Round 7. Ch4, [DC5 into top of DC of previous round, Ch2, DC into SC of previous round, Ch2], repeat five times more. Join with ss to second chain at start of round.

Round 8. Join blue yarn to space after DC5 group. [Ch2, DC then DC3,Ch1,DC3 into top of previous round DC,DC2 into next space, DC into each space between DC's of DC5 group of previous round]. [DC2 then DC3,Ch1,DC3 into top of previous round DC,DC2 into next space, DC into each space between DC's of DC5 group of previous round]Repeat 4 times more. Join with SS and tie off.



Edited to add that DC is Treble in UK terminology.

8 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty! Have added this to my very long list of projects and patterns and recipes to try. Stay warm and cozy. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
This is a very pretty motif. I'm from the US, is the pattern in UK terminology?
Thanks,
Deb

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

These are very pretty. They remind me of the African flower hexagon.
Teresa

Karen Wiederhold said...

I seem to write in US terminology :-) I write how I was taught to crochet and then years later discovered I used US terminolgy. I grew up in South Africa and was taught crochet by my Scottish Mum so thought it was the same the world over. DC in UK will be Treble.

Amy said...

very nice! thank you for the directions.

Anabc said...

Beautiful hexagon!!! Thanks for sharing. I will give it a try. I love motifs, and I am always looking for new ideas. This is lovely.

Sherry said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely patterns~~~:)

Sherry Buenrostro

Anonymous said...

These are very beautiful! I am going to start a dress with this pattern motif! It will take some time though since sport and fingering weight is very expensive around my area so instead I find a worsted 4-ply in the colors I like and take the time to split it and make my own!It's a pain in the You know what! But the end results are what make it worth it! :) -Kitty Diacon