29 September 2011

Free Crochet Pattern: Pumpkin Time Garland


Pumpkin Time Garland

Foundation:   
Ch5, join with SS to first chain to form ring

Round 1:
Ch3 (this acts as first DC), DC11, join with SS to top of first DC.

Round 2.
SS into space between first and second DC's; Ch3, 1DC into same space; 2DC into each following space, join with SS to top of first DC = 24 DC's.

Round 3:
SS into space between first and second DC's; Ch3, 1DC into same space; *1DC into next space, 2DC into next space*; repeat * to * to last space; 1DC;  join with SS to top of first DC = 36 DC's.

Round4:
SS into space between first and second DC's; 1SC into each of next two spaces; *2DC into next space; 1DC into each of next two spaces*; repeat * to * 3 times more; 2DC into next space; 1SC into next 5 spaces; repeat * to * 4 times; 2DC into next space; 1SC into next 2 spaces; You are now back at the starting space.

Round 5:
1SC into next 3 spaces; 2DC into first "V" of previous round; 1DC into next space; *2DC into next space; 1DC into next space*; repeat * to * 6 times more; 1SC into next 9 spaces; work *to * 7 times; 1SC into next four spaces, SS into first SC of round.  Join on green yarn to begin stalk.

Stalk:
Ch9, Idc into 4th chain from hook; 1DC into each chain, SS into the top of pumpkin to join, tie off.

There are a few uses..........

Make as many as you like.  Join together into a garland by crocheting a chain attaching pumpkins to the chain as you go.

Use them as coasters during the the Autumn months.

Join them in a vertical line, intermingled with wood, beads and anything else that's autumnal and hang in a window.

If you like the idea but don't crochet then replace the pumpkins with cutouts from card stock or patterned paper and tie onto a length of ribbon.




21 comments:

Mary said...

This is perfect for fall! Very cute. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Mary @ Crocheting the Day Away

kabouters said...

i love it !! :)

Mlissabeth said...

This is cute! I might have to try it myself. Thanks for the pattern.

Now, I have a question...how did you get the different pages on your blog? I have tried adding a page, but then I can't add other posts to the same page.

Karen Wiederhold said...

Hi there Mlissabeth

Thanks for visiting my blog. You add pages on your blog by doing into Design, then Add a Gadget, when the gadgets selection opens Pages is one of the gadgets on offer. Click on the X sign next to Pages and you're all ready to go.

Heidi said...

This is perfect! Thanks!

Lee Ann said...

Hi Karen,
This is so cute! Thanks for sharing. :)
Lee Ann
Crochet...Gotta Love It!

CatAngeleyes said...

I have never thought that there was so much to do with crocheting, knitting. I just thought it was just a square. Thank you for show me alot of stuff. This is very awesome..Thank you so much!! Everyone is very nice on here. Thank you again..

Shoregirl said...

This is adorable!!

LDH said...

SO cute! :)

Erin said...

OH MY I love it...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pattern. That is so thoughtful and generous of you. Can't wait to try it!

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Thank you for offering such a cute pattern for free. I have shared this link with a group of mine as our very first pattern in our "Giving Thanks" series.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just made 16 pumpkins, real pretty, thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern, but i have a question for you. What size hook did you use, and what type of yarn as well?

Sherrill said...

Thank you for the pattern. It looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute; thanks for sharing.

Faith said...

how cute these are, I'm going to fashion up a few, do I have have orange yarn? hmm...this would be a cute bunting for my craft fair table. Thank you.

Pogostemon said...

Thank you for this pattern I made a garland of pumpkins for my home and another for my baby Granddaughter. Really love your Blog too!

Soleil said...

Thank you very much for sharing the pattern. I'm making a garland now and very pleased with the resuĺt!
Olga~

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern to this beautiful pumpkin garland. I love custom made fall decor!

Joan Murphy said...

Thank you for this pattern. I make seasonal garlands for my granddaughter to decorate her bedroom door with. It all started with a garland of hearts for Valentines day.I just finished one with fall colored leaves and was looking for pumpkins. I think I will alternate pumpkins with ghosts for Halloween. Thank you again
Joan